The clogged skin pores develop into pimples, which eventually lead to bad acne. Even though acne is a common skin problem for teens, acne prevention concerns both adults and teens alike. Many times, preventing acne can be a game of trial and error. While there is no sure thing when it comes to prevention, there are some causes of acne that are fairly predictable. Some of these include hormonal changes, excessive stress, allergic reactions, personal hygiene issues, improper nutritional habits and alcohol or drug use.
1. Apply some toothpaste (not gel or tartar control) on your acne at bedtime and place a band-aid on the toothpaste-covered pimple. Wash your face as normal, in the morning.
2. Another consideration for those with an acne skin condition is makeup application. While the ideal situation would be to omit make up from your beauty routine, this is out of the question for many women. It's especially tempting to try hiding unsightly skin imperfections. If using cosmetics are a must for you, be sure to use oil-free products and take a special look at the mineral make up products available today.
3. Wash your face twice a day to keep it fresh and oil-free. An oil-absorbing microfiber cloth for gentle deep cleaning will calm those irritating inflammations and help remove debris. But don't wash your face excessively, as this deprives your skin of necessary oil.
4. It is advised to have lots of fresh fruits and vegetables in diet. Try and have 4-5 servings of vegetables and one serving of fruit in a day.
5. Take some baking soda in a small bowl and add enough water to make a paste. Dab the paste on your acne and let it dry for a few minutes. Scrub your face gently with the remaining paste. This will help exfoliate the dead skin cells and leave your skin smooth. This is one of the best natural acne treatment.
6. In addition to eating healthy foods, it probably comes as no surprise to you that plenty of fresh water is essential for good skin. Drinks such as sodas or pop and alcohol do little to hydrate you and actually tend to drain the good fluids from your body. Water, however, works to flush out toxins from the body that can be harmful to your skin and overall health.
7. It's called beauty sleep for a reason. Make sure to get adequate sleep every night to look and feel refreshed in the morning.
8. Cook some plain oatmeal, as you normally do for consumption. Le it cool down and then rub it all over your skin. Leave it for a while and then rinse off with water.
9. Always take salad along with your food. Salad is a good source of fiber and keeps you away from constipation which could lead to excessive toxin release.