Recurrent mouth ulcers are a source of worry for many people worldwide. It is an apparently simple condition that causes much more pain than is expected. Because of its relative commonness in some societies, it has gotten itself a variety of names such as canker sore, aphthous stomatitis or aphthous ulcer. Commonly, mouth ulcer, canker sore or whatever name you wish to call it, involves painful open sores that will exist in the mouth, believed to be due to the breaking off of the overlying mucous membrane.
1. For long term relief from ulcer you need to take deglycyrrhizinated liquorice (DGL). It stimulates your body to produce protective mucus that encourages healing of mucous membranes, and fight bacteria that causes mouth ulcer. Buy chewable DGL tablets that have had compound glycyrrhizic acid removed as this acid can cause water retention and high blood pressure.
2. Apply topical gels, pastes or mouthwashes that contains anaesthetics, pain reliever, and anti-inflammatory substances. Many of this can be bought over the counter without prescription excluding those which contain a combination of control medicine.
3. Rinsing with Listerine, using antiseptics and also using hydrogen peroxide. Another popular method is taking TUMS stomach medicine and crushing it and applying it directly on the ulcer in the mouth. This is a surprisingly effective means of eliminating a mouth ulcer that many people endorse.
4. Eat a diet that is supportive of the lymphatic system - this means that you need to avoid the following: o red meats, o greasy fatty foods and fried foods, o dairy products including: cheese, butter, cream, milk and goats milk and cheese o vinegar and pickles, o alcohol, o sugar and sugar based products, o artificial additives, preservatives, colorings and flavorings, o coffee and similar beverages.
5. Kattha is an extract of the Acacia catechu plant, known commonly in the west as the catechu plant. This has astringent properties. It has a special place in Ayurvedic medicine in oral treatment. It is used in many forms for the treatment of ulcers.
6. Certainly coconut oil is ideal for helping to relieve the pain felt from mouth ulcers instantly all you need is get a tablespoon of coconut oil and hold it for a minute on the mouth ulcer. Soon you will feel the pain going away and this relief seems to last for quite a while because of the MCFA's (medium chain fatty acids) find in coconut oil which are rapidly absorbed in to the body and thus the healing process is accelerated.
7. Apply topical gels, pastes or mouthwashes that contains anaesthetics, pain reliever, and anti-inflammatory substances. Many of this can be bought over the counter without prescription excluding those which contain a combination of control medicine.
8. Lastly drink more water to cool down your body. By cooling down your body temperature, you will let the infected area to recover quicker. At the same time, try not to take spicy food which will increase your body temperature rapidly.
Read About home remedies Also Read About home remedies for mouth ulcers and home remedies for obesity